Monday, April 4, 2011

a girl turns 8

It is hard to believe that I have been a mama for 8 years now. In some ways it seems impossible and in other ways it seems like sooo... much longer than that. The long awaited day finally arrived for Lauren. She is the last one in the family to celebrate her birthday for the year and man does she hate it. We listen the entire month of March how unfair it is that her birthday is last. I always try to convince her that we save the best for last.. she never buys into it.
Her party was a success all in all. We had 10 little girls spend the night on Saturday night and I spent all day Sunday in somewhat of a coma trying to recuperate. Apparently Lauren was trying to recover as well because she took a 4 hour nap and then went back to bed at 9:30pm. And what a sweetheart she is. She thanked me two different times on Sunday for her party. I love that big heart.















No comments:

Post a Comment