Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jamie's Favorite Things Tuesday... a day late

It's Daddy's turn!!! I know I am a day late. I sat down three different times to do this yesterday and never got if done. I kept telling myself it was going to be hard to think of five different things Jamie loves but it turns out it wasn't hard at all. In fact, I had to choose between a couple things. But that's my hubs.. a lover of many things!!!

Here it is.. Favorite Things Tuesday.. Jamie's edition!


Jamie loves to woodwork. He bought this table saw a couple years ago and he has put a lot of miles on it since then. He has built three train tables, some work benches, a couple shoe racks and is currently working on a project table for my scrap room. I LOVE this hobby of his!
CAMPING! Jamie has always loved camping. I always tell the story of the first camping trip Jamie took me on. He drove me to the middle of nowhere.. ok, it was a park of some sort and an actual camping ground but it sure felt like the middle of nowhere. No running water, no toilet, no SHOWER. We were there for three days. I wanted to die. And the tent he had was the type of little tent that a guy would hike to the top of a mountain and sleep in. In other words, a little too close for comfort. Needless to say I added some creature comforts on our future camping trips. :)

Bella Louise! Jamie has wanted a big dog of his own for as long as I can remember. When we were first married we traveled so much we couldn't really get a dog. Then when we finally were home enough to have one Lauren won him over and we got Max, our yorkie. Not exactly the kind of dog he had in mind. When Jamie finally decided to bite the bullet and get a dog he went big. Little Bella is one and half and weighs around 180 pounds! But she is 180 pounds of love and sweetness. And extremely loyal. She misses Jamie when he goes on a trip. Sometimes she will look all over the house for him and when she can't find him she find his Crocs, gathers them up and sleeps with them. I have to say, I love that dog too.

With the new house, came the new lawn, came the new lawn mower. Jamie could not wait to go buy his new lawn mower. He talked about it for months. MONTHS!!! He was so excited the day it came. We still didn't have a lawn at the time and so he kept going out in the garage and starting it and then offering rides to the kids. He was finally able to break in the new mower yesterday and he was like a kid on Christmas morning out there.

But most of all, Jamie loves his family. The love he has for us is what makes me fall in love with him all over again, over and over. He doesn't like to leave us and go to work and when he is home, he wants nothing more than to be with us. He is happy to do school pick ups and drop offs, shuttle the girls to activities, accompany me on grocery trips, doctor visits, etc. I have a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment