Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wanna Get Away

And get away we did! I usually try to plan a vacation for this time of year. As summer comes to a close and fall arrives I know I am going to be itching for some warm weather come February. I was all ready to start planning our usual Disney vacation when the hubs put a screeching hault on that. He told me I had to pick somewhere else this year. I was bummed but I knew he was right. We ultimately decided on the Florida Keys. I had never been there and he hadn't been back since he was in high school. Surprisingly, both girls were excited about the trip!! I totally thought they'd be bummed about not going to Disney.. again. I was wrong. We ended up having a fabulous time and Lauren told us every single day it was the best vacation she has ever had. That warmed my heart! And I have to say, I agreed with her!

We started off the vacation with a bang. The very first morning was our dolphin encounters. Hannah is not tall enough to swim with the dolphins so we did dockside interaction with the dolphins. We got the chance to feed them, pet them and see some pretty cool dolphin tricks. Hannah loved it so much!
Jamie and Lauren got to swim with the dolphins and I was so jealous!! They both loved it so much!!











The resort we stayed at was on Ducks Key called Hawks Kay. I highly recommend this place, especially if you have kids. There was so much to do at the resort. This is where we swam with the dolphins. There was paddle boards, 4 different pools, a laguna, activities throughout the day at the pool. So fun!








 This was just a few steps outside our villa. The girls loved going out looking for fish.


our villa








Both girls said at the end of the trip that they liked The Keys better than Disney! Music to our ears!!! We have Spring Break 2013 planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment