Friday, August 26, 2011

End of Summer Party and The First Day of School

So hard to believe that summer is already over and school is back in session. We had an End of Summer Party for all the kids in the neighborhood. This is our second year doing this and it is a lot fun. This year we rented a bouncy castle and a water slide. I knew Hannah would never go down the water slide which is why I rented the bouncy castle. I was right.


Mmm... cupcakes!
Shaving cream fight! The kids favorite activity by far. I cleaned Wal-Mart out of Barbasol shaving cream at $1 a bottle! :)

Back on the slide to rinse off. They kept covering themselves in shaving cream and then going down the slide super fast.
Hannah just enjoyed covering herself in the shaving cream

Oops! Almost forgot to get a pic of Hannah's princess bouncy castle!

Back to school! First day was a success. After getting up at 10 every morning this summer (or later) I was not looking forward to getting Lauren up but she didn't do too bad considering. She requested her favorite for breakfast, bacon and eggs. It's always bacon and eggs or Special K. I have to say I do a silent cheer when she requests the Special K.

My big 3rd grader. How can this be? My little bug.


While Lauren was at school Hannah and I were busy making back to school cupcakes. I was sad to see Lauren go back to school but I thoroughly enjoyed having my one on one time with Hannah again. Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment